MCP1630 Li-Ion Multi Bay Battery Charger Reference Design (MCP1630RD-LIC1)The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger is used to evaluate Microchip’s MCP1630 used in a SEPIC power converter application. The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger is capable of charging two single-cell, Li-Ion battery packs in parallel utilizing an input voltage of 10V to 30V (battery packs are not included). Multiple boards can be daisy-chained for additional charger bays. The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger is intended for use in pseudo-smart battery charger applications utilizing battery packs containing Microchip’s PS700 Battery Monitor. Standard battery packs can be utilized as well. The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger provides a constant current - constant voltage charge with preconditioning, cell temperature monitoring, and battery pack fault monitoring. Each charger bay provides a status and fault indication. The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger automatically detects the insertion or removal of a battery pack.
- Over Voltage Protection (battery removed).
- Over Charge Protection to prevent the battery from becoming dangerously overcharged.
- Over Current Protection in the event of a shorted battery.
- Battery Reversal Protection.
- Input Short Circuit Protection.
- Over Temperature Protection to prevent the battery from reaching too high a temperature during charge.
- Fast charge termination if the battery temperature is outside a preset window.
- Controlled soft-start.
- The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger terminates charge by detecting a predefined charge current threshold during constant voltage charge, or a specified elapsed time.
- The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger has the flexibility to optimize the charging algorithm for new battery technology and add proprietary features by coding the microcontroller.
- Programmed parameters - modified in firmware
|Preconditioning Charge Current||=||200 mA|
|Constant Current Fast Charge||=||2A|
|Constant Voltage Charge||=||4.2 V|
|Charge Termination Threshold||=||100 mA|
Тесты и симуляция
Протестируйте плату по готовым тестам
Печатные платы и ПО
Ускорьте разработку по готовому дизайну
|Производитель: Microchip Technology Inc.|
Microchip Technology Inc.
Арт.: 1175246 ИНФО PDF RD
The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger is used to evaluate MICROCHIP’s MCP1630 used in a SEPIC power converter application. The MCP1630 Multi-Bay Li-Ion Charger is capable of charging two single-cell, Li-Ion battery packs in parallel utilizing an inpu