EMC2103-4 Fan Controller with Look-up Table(ADM00902)
The EMC2103-4 Fan Controller and Temperature Sensor evaluation board provides an easy to use development platform with access to all device registers and settings such as spin up, ramp rate control and alerts. The board can drive 3 or 4 wire fans and provides access to all 3 external temperature channels.
The GUI reports and plots the temperature and fan speed and also has a demo mode with a PID fan control implemented that automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep the temperature in check. The PID constants are user accessible so they can be fine tuned based on a specific setup.
All device registers and configuration settings are editable from the GUI and they can also be saved either on the PC for later access or to the on-board EEPROM to be loaded at startup(specific feature for the EMC2103-4).
- PC GUI that reports and plots temperature and fan speed.
- Powered from USB (up to 2.5W total power consumption) or external power, selectable via a jumper
- On board 12V, 40mm fan with 3 wires driven with a high side switching topology for constant voltage and low power loss compared with linear drivers
- 1 internal + 3 external temperature channels accessible via a terminal block
- On-board heat source
- Can be used with 3 or 4 wire fans