Evaluates: SPI and SMBus/I²C-Compatible Parts (MINIQUSB) (MINIQUSB)The Maxim command module (MINIQUSB) receives commands from a PC through the USB to create an SPI™ or SMBus™/I²C-compatible interface. Maxim evaluation kits (EV kits) that make use of the MINIQUSB require custom software, and can be ordered together as an evaluation system (EV system). Ordering information for EV systems is located in the EV kit data sheet.
An EV system is an EV kit combined with an interface board such as a MINIQUSB and custom software. Refer to the appropriate EV kit manual for quick start and detailed operating instructions.
The MINIQUSB module is provided as part of selected Maxim EV systems for the purpose of evaluating Maxim/Dallas parts only. The use of the MINIQUSB as a development target is not supported. Refer to the MAXQ2000 Evaluation Kit data sheet for this purpose.
For Windows® 95 or Windows NT support, the CMOD232 or CMAXQ232* should be used instead.
- PC-Controlled I/O Platform
- USB Powered
- Provides 3.3V at 80mA to EV Kit
- SPI Bus: 8MHz Burst
- I²C/2-Wire Bus: Fast 400kHz/Standard 100kHz
- Accepts I²C SCL Clock Stretching
- 1.5kΩ I²C Bus Pullup Resistors on Expander Board
- MINIQUSB-XHV Protects MINIQUSB Against I²C Bus Faults Exceeding 3.3V on SCL/SDA