Evaluation Kit for the MAX98400B (MAX98400BEVKIT) (MAX98400BEVKIT)The MAX98400B evaluation kit (EV kit) configures the MAX98400B Class D amplifier to drive 2x12W into a pair of 8Ω speakers in stereo mode for audio applications. The EV kit operates from an 8V to 28V DC power supply. The EV kit has a programmable gain and the jumper settings default to a +20.1dB gain. The EV kit accepts a pair of single-ended or differential input signals and provides two sets of differential outputs for speakers.
The EV kit has two independent amplifier circuits, demonstrating direct speaker driving (for low component count) and filtered output driving (for ease of evaluation). The EV kit comes with two MAX98400BETG+ devices installed.
The EV kit provides an option to control the limiter, thermal foldback, input configuration, gain, and shutdown mode of the device. The EV kit includes convenient audio input and output connectors.
- 8V to 28V Single DC Power-Supply Operation
- Fully Differential Inputs and Outputs
- Drives 2x12W into 8Ω Speakers in Stereo Mode
- Limiter Control
- Thermal Foldback
- Shutdown Control
- Evaluates the MAX98400B in a 24-Pin TQFN Package with an Exposed Pad
- U1 Configured for Filterless Output
- U2 Configured for Filtered Output
- Fully Assembled and Tested