Evaluation Kit for the MAX9660 (MAX9660EVKIT) (MAX9660EVKIT)The MAX9660 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX9660 programmable VCOM voltage buffer used for VCOM backplane voltage calibration in TFT-LCD panels, such as those found in high-resolution TVs, and high-end monitors. A 7-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) sinks current from an external resistor-divider to set a VCOM reference voltage. An external resistor sets the full-scale range of sinking current. The IC can drive ±100mA continuous current and up to ±900mA peak current. The desired DAC value can be stored in nonvolatile multiple one-time programmable (MOTP) memory and is recalled at each power-up. The EV kit operates from an 8V to 20V DC power supply.
The MAX9660 EV kit features a USB-to-I²C interface circuit. Windows® 2000/XP®- and Windows Vista®-compatible software, with a graphical user interface (GUI), available for exercising the MAX9660 features. The EV kit can also connect to a user-supplied I²C interface circuit for stand-alone MAX9660 operation.
- 7-Bit DAC for Setting VCOM Reference Voltage
- Integrated 30x Programmable Nonvolatile MOTP Memory to Store VCOM Setting
- ±100mA Continuous Current
- ±900mA Peak Current
- 8V to 20V DC Power-Supply Operation
- USB-Powered USB-to-I²C Interface Circuit
- Windows 2000/XP- and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested