MAX8607 Evaluation Kit (MAX8607EVKIT) (MAX8607EVKIT)The MAX8607 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed-circuit board (PCB) for evaluating the MAX8607 1.5A white LED flash/strobe step-up converter IC. The EV kit accepts a 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage and drives a Lumileds LXCL-PWF1 white LED with up to 700mA (limited by LED current rating) for camera flash/strobe in cell phones, PDAs, DSCs, and other handheld devices. The MAX8607 switching frequency is 1MHz, allowing tiny external components. Two logic inputs control four modes of operation: shutdown mode reduces the quiescent current to 0.1µA (typ), movie mode supplies up to 360mA of LED current for continuous lighting, flash mode supplies up to 700mA of LED current for short-duration lighting during an exposure, and disco mode supplies +5V (at up to 1A) to external circuits while driving the LED with a fixed 80mA current. Flash-mode and movie-mode LED currents are preset to 700mA and 200mA, respectively, in the default EV kit configuration. The EV kit also features an on-board pushbutton pulse-generator circuit to simulate a 600ms flash pulse for flash-mode evaluation.
Caution: The MAX8607 EV kit is capable of driving the LED at very high brightness. Use caution when observing LED illumination.
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Range
- Supports Lumileds and Other High-Power White LEDs
- Independently Programmed Flash/Movie LED Currents
- Flash-Mode LED Current up to 1.5A (Preset to 700mA)
- Movie-Mode LED Current up to 360mA (Preset to 200mA)
- Disco Mode with Fixed 5V Output (Up to 1A) and 80mA LED Current
- TA Derating Function for LED Thermal Protection
- Output Overvoltage Protection (OVP)
- Soft-Start Eliminates In-Rush Current
- 1MHz PWM Operation
- 0.1µA Shutdown Mode
- Small Surface-Mount Components
- Lead-Free and RoHS-Compliant EV Kit
- Fully Assembled and Tested