Evaluation Kit for the MAX5906, MAX5907, MAX5908, MAX5909 (MAX5907EVKIT) (MAX5907EVKIT)The MAX5908 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount, dual hot-swap controller circuit board that provides current-limiting and Variable Speed/Bilevel fault protection. The circuit uses a MAX5908 IC in a 16-pin QSOP package and is configurable for an input range of +1.0V to +13.2V.
The EV kit is configured for +5V and +1.8V inputs. Both inputs are configured for up to 10A of output current. The MAX5908 controls two N-channel MOSFETs and provides current regulation during startup for both inputs. Several configurations allow the MAX5908 IC's unique current-regulation architecture to be tailored to the application. The current-limiting and short-circuit protection features are configurable and demonstrate the various features of the MAX5908.
The EV kit features several configurations for the startup timer setting, current limit, and output-voltage monitoring. The EV kit also provides power-on sequencing for the outputs. The EV kit can also be used to evaluate a MAX5906, MAX5907, or MAX5909 after replacing the MAX5908 with the desired IC. Additionally, the EV kit can be reconfigured to emulate a dual MAX5904 or MAX5905 hot-swap controller design.
- Input Voltage
- +5V, VIN1 (as configured)
- +1.8V, VIN2 (as configured)
- Outputs Configured for +5V and +1.8V (configurable from +1.0V to +13.2V)
- Configured to 10A Output Current Capability (both channels)
- 25mV Current-Limit Threshold (10A)
- Demonstrates Unique Current-Regulation Architecture
- Configurable Startup Timer
- Configurable Current Limits
- Configurable Output Over/Undervoltage Monitoring (both channels)
- Power-On Sequencing
- Evaluates MAX5906, MAX5907, MAX5909 (IC replacement required)
- Emulates MAX5904, MAX5905
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested