Evaluation Kit for the MAX1816, MAX1980, MAX1994 (MAX1994EVKIT) (MAX1994EVKIT)The MAX1994 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a complete triple-output regulator for notebook computer applications. This fully assembled and tested circuit board provides a digitally adjustable 0.925V to 2.000V output voltage (5-bit on-board DAC) for CPU rail, fixed 2.5V output voltage for I/O and memory supplies, and a 1.2V linear regulator for a CPU VID supply. The battery input voltage range is 7V to 24V. The EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency and has superior line- and load- transient response.
The DC-to-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating a precision, dynamically adjustable, low-voltage CPU core rail (BUCK1), and a fixed 2.5V output for I/O and memory supplies (BUCK2). The MAX1994 EV kit consists of the MAX1994 dual Quick-PWM master step-down controller and the MAX1980 slave controller. The MAX1994 EV kit includes active voltage positioning with adjustable gain and offset, reducing power dissipation and bulk output capacitance requirements for BUCK1. The MAX1994 includes a specialized digital interface, making it suitable for mobile CPU and video processor applications. The MAX1980 provides additional gate-drive circuitry, phase synchronization, current limit, and current balancing. Precision slew-rate control provides “just-in-time” arrival at the new DAC setting, minimizing surge currents to and from the battery.
This EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX1816, which has an adjustable output from 0.600V to 1.750V using an alternate VID code set.
- High Speed, Accurate, and Efficient
- Active Voltage Positioning with Adjustable Gain and Offset
- Low-Bulk Output Capacitor Count (BUCK1)
- Multiphase Dual Quick-PWM Architecture
- BUCK1: 0.925V to 2.000V Output-Voltage Range (5-Bit DAC)
- 40A Load-Current Capability (20A Each Phase)
- BUCK2: 2.5V Preset Output Voltage (Adjustable with External Resistors)
- 7A Load-Current Capability
- 1.2V, 500mA Linear Output Voltage
- 7V to 24V Input Voltage Range
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- 48-Pin QFN Package (MAX1994)
- 20-Pin QFN Package (MAX1980)
- Low-Profile Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested