Evaluation Kit for the MAX1927, MAX1928 (MAX1928EVKIT) (MAX1928EVKIT)The MAX1927/MAX1928 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board demonstrating the MAX1927/MAX1928 pulse-width modulated (PWM) step-down converters. The EV kit comes assembled with a MAX1928EUB18, which steps down a 2.6V to 5.5V input to a 1.8V output capable of sourcing 800mA. This EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX1927 with minor PC board modifications.
The MAX1927/MAX1928 optimize efficiency and battery life by skipping pulses at low loads. They feature a forced-PWM mode for low output noise and contain internal MOSFETs for minimum cost and size. A 1MHz switching frequency allows the use of small external components.
- 2.6V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 1.8V Output Voltage (MAX1928EUB18)
- Up to 800mA Output Current
- 1MHz PWM Operation
- 100% Duty-Cycle Operation for Low Dropout
- No Current-Sense Resistor Needed
- Power-OK Output
- 93% Efficiency
- Internal MOSFET Switch and Synchronous Rectifier
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested