Evaluation Kit/Evaluation System for the MAX17061 (MAX17061EVKIT) (MAX17061EVKIT)The MAX17061 evaluation system (EV system) consists of the MAX17061 evaluation kit (EV kit) and the Maxim CMAXQUSB+ command module. Windows® 2000/XP- and Windows Vista®-compatible software is also available for use with the EV system (MAX17061EVCMAXQU+) and can be downloaded from the Maxim website (www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware).
The MAX17061 EV kit (MAX17061EVKIT+) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed-circuit board (PCB) that evaluates the high-efficiency MAX17061 white LED (WLED) driver. The MAX17061 EV kit utilizes a step-up DC-DC converter to generate the voltage required to drive up to eight strings of 10 surface-mount WLEDs. The EV kit uses a 7V to 21V input power supply (single-supply mode) and can be configured to provide a fixed 25mA or adjustable 15mA to 30mA full-scale LED current. As shipped, the MAX17061 EV kit is configured for evaluation with four strings of 10 WLEDs and includes an I²C/SMBus™-compatible interface that allows for software control of the brightness in 256 steps, backlight-controller operating mode, manufacturer and silicon revision detection, and fault detection.
The Maxim CMAXQUSB+ command module provides the I²C/SMBus interface and is connected to the computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The MAX17061 EV kit software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the MAX17061 features.
- 7V to 21V Input Range
- 87% Efficiency (VIN = 12V, Load = 4 WLED Strings, Preset 25mA)
- WLED Drives Up to 30mA/String
- Drives Four Strings of 10 WLEDs (Capable of Driving Up to Eight Strings)
- Full-Scale LED Current Adjustable from 15mA to 30mA, or Preset 25mA
- 1MHz PWM Switching Frequency (Selectable: 500kHz or 750kHz, Component Change Required)
- All Components < 1mm Height
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested