Evaluation Kit for the MAX17024 (MAX17024EVKIT) (MAX17024EVKIT)The MAX17024 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed-circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the typical 10A application circuit of theMAX17024. The MAX17024 is a DC-DC converter that steps down high-voltage batteries to generate low-voltage core, chipset, or memory bias supplies in notebook computers.
The MAX17024 EV kit provides a dynamically adjustable 1.5V/1.05V output voltage from a 7V to 24V battery input range. It delivers up to 10A output current while achieving greater than 92% efficiency. Programmed by a single resistor, the EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency and has superior line- and load-transient response. The EV kit also allows the evaluation of other dynamically adjustable output voltages by varying the external reference input, which can be realized by changing resistors R1, R2, and R3.
- 7V to 24V Input Range
- Quick-PWM with Fast Transient Response
- Dynamically Selectable 1.5V/1.05V Output Voltage
- Dynamically Adjustable Output Voltage (0 to 0.9VIN Range)
- 10A Output Current
- 92% Efficiency (VIN = 12V, VOUT = 1.5V at 5A)
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- Power-Good Output Indicator (PGOOD)
- Low-Profile Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested