Evaluation Kit for the MAX17020 (MAX17020EVKIT) (MAX17020EVKIT)The MAX17020 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX17020's standard application circuit. This dual Quick-PWM™ synchronous DC-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating main supplies for notebook computers. The MAX17020 EV kit provides dual 1.5V (VOUT1) and 1.05V (VOUT2) output voltages from a 6V to 24V battery-input range. It delivers at least 6A output current for the 1.5V output, and 10A for the 1.05V output. Both outputs are adjustable between 0.7V and 5.5V. An external unregulated charge pump generates an 8V (VSEC) auxiliary voltage capable of delivering 2mA from the 1.5V output.
The MAX17020 also has an internal fixed 5V low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator capable of supplying 100mA, and an always-on 3.3V, 5mA real-time clock (RTC) supply.
The MAX17020 EV kit operates at 400kHz/300kHz switching frequency (1.5V/1.05V, respectively) and has superior line- and load-transient response.
For 5V and 3.3V output evaluation, the MAX8778 EV kit can be used. The MAX17020 is a pin-for-pin replacement of the MAX8778.
- 6V to 24V Input Range
- 3.3V, 5mA RTC Power (Always On)
- Internal 5V, 100mA Linear Regulator (Adjustable from 0.6V to 4V)
- Output Voltages:
- 1.05V at 10AMIN (VOUT2, Dynamic Adjustable from 0 to 2V) or Preset 3.3V
- 1.5V at 6AMIN (VOUT1, Adjustable from 0.7V to 5.5V)
- 8VMIN at 2mA (Charge-Pump Output)
- Dynamic 0 to 2V REFIN2 Input on Second Output
- 400kHz/300kHz Switching Frequency (1.5V/1.05V, Respectively)
- Power-Good (PGOOD1 and PGOOD2) Indicators
- Secondary Feedback Input Maintains Charge Pump
- 32-Pin, 5mm x 5mm Thin QFN Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested