Evaluation Kit for the MAX11150/MAX11152/MAX11158/MAX11160/MAX11161 /MAX11162 /MAX11163 /MAX11168 /MAX11169 (MAX11158EVKIT) (MAX11158EVKIT)
The evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX1115X/MAX1116X family of 18-/16-bit SAR ADCs. The EV kit includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from the target device to the PC. The EV kit can operate in multiple modes:
- Standalone Mode: In "standalone" mode, the EV kit is connected to the PC via a USB cable and performs a subset of the complete EV kit functions with limitation for sample rate, sample size, and no support for coherent sampling.
- FPGA Mode: In "FPGA" mode, the EV kit is connected to an Avnet ZedBoard™ through a low-pin-count FMC connector. The ZedBoard features a Xilinx® Zynq® -7000 SoC, that connects to the PC through an Ethernet port, which allows the GUI to perform different operations with full control over mezzanine card functions. The EV kit with FPGA platform performs the complete suite of evaluation tests for the target IC.
- User-Supplied SPI Mode: In addition to the USB and FMC interfaces, the EV kit provides a 12-pin PMOD- style header for user-supplied SPI interface to connect the signals for SCLKx, DINx, DOUTx, and CNVSTx.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®-, Windows® 7, and Windows 8.1-compatible software for exercising the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, internal or external reference options (depending upon target device selected), and graphing software that includes the FFT and histogram of the sampled signals.
The ZedBoard board accepts a +12V AC-DC wall adapter. The EV kit can be powered by a local +20V supply. The EV kit has on-board transformers and digital isolators to separate the IC from the ZedBoard/on-board processor.
The MAX1115X/MAX1116X EV kit comes installed with a MAX1115XEUB+/MAX1116XEUB+ in a 10-pin µMAX® package, but can also evaluate other pin-compatible parts in the family. For a full list of products supported by this EV kit, see Table 4.
- High-Speed USB Connector, FMC Connector, and PMOD-Style Connector
- 75MHz SPI Clock Capability through FMC Connector
- 10MHz SPI Clock Capability in Standalone Mode
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates (Up to 500ksps)
- Collects Up to 1 Million samples (with FPGA Platform)
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- Sync In/Out for Coherent Sampling (with FPGA platform)
- On-Board Input Buffers (MAX9632 and MAX44242)
- On-Board Voltage References (MAX6126 and MAX6070)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows XP-, Windows 7-, and Windows 8.1-Compatible Software