Data Converter Evaluation Platform (DCEP), Evaluates High-Speed Data Converters (ADCs) (DCEP) (DCEP)The data converter evaluation platform (DCEP) is a PC-based platform that provides a comprehensive tool for evaluating Maxim's high-speed analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). A field programmable gate array (FPGA) provides a flexible data interface that supports single-ended and differential signaling. When configured for differential signals, 64 signal pairs are arranged in four buses of 16 bits each with an additional eight pairs (two per bus) dedicated as clock inputs. When the data interface is configured for single-ended operation, 72 channels comprising four 18-bit buses are available for data. In this configuration, eight clock inputs are available. Data records of up to 4 mega-words (Mw) per channel can be captured by the FPGA and stored in on-board memory. Data transfer and board control are realized through a USB 2.0-compliant interface to a personal computer (PC) running Windows® XP operating system (OS) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later.
An intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) is included to allow user control of the hardware and processing of the captured data. Fast Fourier transform (FFT) analysis provides both single- and multi-tone dynamic analysis. A histogram function allows the plotting of integral nonlinearity (INL) and differential nonlinearity (DNL). Control features include adjustable timing for optimal data capture, frequency calculation for coherent sampling, record-length selection, and standard FFT windowing functions.
The DCEP operates from a single external 5V/4A power supply, provided with the board.
- FPGA Configuration Through PC and USB Port
- 64Mw x 16-Bit Data Capture Captures Entire Frames of Complex Real-World Signals
- Input Rate Up to 800Mwps
- Flexible Device Under Test (DUT) Digital Interface
- Supports Numerous I/O Standards
- 3.3V, 2.5V, and 1.8V LVCMOS
- USB 2.0 Communications (480Mb/s)
- Single 5V Supply Operation (Power Supply Included)
- Intuitive GUI-Based Software (Jumperless Hardware Configuration)
- Data Processing Powered by MATLAB®
- LEDs to Display Board and FPGA Status
- Command Line Program Available
- Supports Parallel- and Serial-Output ADCs
- High-Speed, High-Density DUT Connectors