This evaluation board uses the MCP1640 in a high-efficiency (up to 96%), fixed frequency (500 kHz), step-up DC-DC converter. It demonstrates:
- Easy-to-use and minimum number of external components power supply solution for applications powered by one-cell, two-cell, or three-cell alkaline, NiCd/NiMH; one-cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries
- Selection of the best operating mode for efficiency (PWM/PFM)
- A wide input voltage range (0.35 to 5.5V) and low start-up voltage (0.65V)
- PCB layouts recommendation for SOT23-6 and 2x3mm-8 DFN packages
- Three common output voltages to evaluate: 2.0V, 3.3V and 5.0V enable selection (when disabled, the MCP1640 disconnects the path from input to output for “true-disconnect”).