EVB-USB5807 Evaluation Board (EVB-USB5807)
The EVB-USB5807 is a demonstration and evaluation platform that provides the necessary requirements and interface options for evaluating the USB5807,a 7-Port SS/HS USB Smart Hub on a 4-layer RoHS-compliant Printed Circuit Board (PCB). This will allow the user to gain an understanding of the product and accelerate the integration of the USB5807 into the user’s design. The EVB-USB5807 is compliant with the USB 3.1 (Gen1) Specification and supports SuperSpeed (SS), High-Speed (HS), Full-Speed (FS), and Low-Speed (LS) USB signaling for complete coverage of all defined USB operation speeds. The evaluation platform supports seven downstream ports that are USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 Gen1 compliant, battery charging on all downstream ports (maximum of 13A at any one time) and is configured for operation through internal default settings and supports custom configurations through SMBus or through the external 16-Mbit SPI Flash device. The EVB-USB5807 demonstrates driver compatibility with Microsoft® Windows® 8x, Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS® X 10.4+, and Linux® hub drivers.
- Microchip’s FlexConnect, PortSwap, PHYBoost™, and VariSense™ technologies.
- USB5807 in a 100-pin QFN RoHS compliant package.
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 compliant (SS, HS, FS, and LS operation).
- USB pins are 5 V tolerant.
- Self powered operation.
- Seven downstream USB 2.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- All downstream ports support individual port power and overcurrent sense.
- All downstream ports can be enabled for battery charging with the battery charging select switch SW1 (BC1.2 or SE1, 2.1A max per port).
- Onboard SPI Flash for external downloadable firmware.
- Low-cost 4-layer space saving design.
- Operates from a single voltage (+12.0 V, regulated) external power supply.
- Onboard 25 MHz crystal or external clock input.
- Single onboard +5.2 V, 6 Amp regulator. MCP19035 based switching regulator design provides 5.2 V at up to 15 A when using a 12 V, 85 W supply.
- Single onboard +3.3 V, 0.5 Amp regulator.
- Single onboard +1.2 V, 2 Amp regulator.
- Port Power LED indicators (note: Requires a 12V, 85W supply).
- SPI Flash activity blue LED indicator. Reset red LED indicator.Green LED indicators for 5V, 3.3V, 1.2V supplies.
- Dual color LED USB Suspend indicator (green=run/yellow=suspend).
- USB Type-C upstream green LED charging capability indicators: 3A, 1.5A, Legacy.
- SMBus current monitor on each USB Type-C downstream port.
- Terminal block connector for use with an external bench supply.
- Removable/non-removable downstream ports can be configured with switch SW2.
Схемы и диаграммы
Быстро получите общее представление о схемотехнике решения
Печатные платы и ПО
Ускорьте разработку по готовому дизайну