The MAX1909 evaluation kit (EV kit) is an accurate and efficient multichemistry battery charger. The EV kit can charge three or four series Li+ cells with a current up to 3A. Charge current and input-source current are adjustable using on-board potentiometers. The output voltage is set to 4.2V x the number of series cells in the battery pack. The number of series cells is jumper-selectable. The output voltage is adjustable between 4V to 4.4V (x number of series cells) by installing two resistors. The EV kit provides outputs to monitor the AC adapter current and the presence of an AC adapter.
The MAX1909 automatically selects the power path for supplying power to the system by controlling two external P-channel MOSFETs. This decision is made based on the presence of an AC adapter.
- Input Current Limiting
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy Using Internal Reference
- Automatic Selection of System Power Source
- Analog Inputs Control Charge Current and Charge Voltage
- Monitor Outputs for
- AC Adapter Current
- AC Adapter Presence
- Up to 17.6V Battery Voltage
- +8V to +25V Input Voltage
- Up to 3A Battery Charge Current
- Charges Li+, NiCd, and NiMH Battery Chemistries
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested