NDA is needed before product info can be provided, including data sheet and pricing quotes.
The MAX2986 evaluation kit is designed to introduce a highly integrated chipset including the MAX2986 BaseBand (BB) and MAX2981 Analog Front End (AFE) based on HomePlug® 1.0 standard. This system transfers data over 120V or 240V AC powerlines. MAX2986 BaseBand uses an Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Modulation (OFDM) technique from 4.49MHz to 20.7MHz frequency band. The main features of the evaluation board are as follows.
- Transporting data over the AC powerline up to 14Mbps
- Tunable bandwidth and power spectral density (PSD) characteristics of transmitted OFDM signal, to match the international regulatory requirements
- Excellent Quality of Service (QOS) by adopting various techniques at the physical layer (PHY) (such as adaptive coding rate technique) and the Media Access Control (MAC) layer (such as Automatic Repeat request (ARQ) technique)
- Optimized data rate and minimized error rate by using a link adaptation technique to adjust dynamically the size of signal constellation (DBPSK or DQPSK) as well as the rate of Forward Error Correcting (FEC)
- The lowest BOM cost for the complete HomePlug chipset solution
- Multiple digital interfaces such as MII/RMII, FIFO, Ethernet MAC, UART, and USB
- Strong immunity to jammer interfaces
- Secure communication link using 56-bit DES Encryption with key management