ViewTPS40200EVM-002 The TPS40200EVM-002 evaluation module (EVM) uses the TPS40200 non-synchronous buck controller to provide a resistor selected 3.3V output voltage that delivers up to 2.5A from a 24V input bus. The EVM operates from a single supply and uses a single P-channel power FET and Schottky Diode to produce a low cost buck converter. The part operates at a 200kHz clock frequency as determined by an external resistor and capacitor. TPS40200EVM-002 is designed to operate with an 18 to 36V input and to produce a regulated 3.3V output with a load current from 0.125 to 2.5A. The TPS40200EVM-002 demonstrates using the TPS40200 in a typical buck converter application. The board sacrifices some layout density to provide ample test points for module evaluation. This EVM can be modified to support output voltages from 0.7V to 5V and above, by changing a single feedback resistor. A table is included in the User Guide that lists specific 1% resistors for some common output voltages.
- 18V to 36V input range
- 3.3V output, adjustable with single feedback resistor
- 0.125A to 2.5A steady-state output current
- 200kHz switching frequency
- Single P-channel MOSFET and single rectifier
- Two-layer, 1.275inch x 1.675inch, surface-mount design with all components on one side
- Convenient test points for probing critical waveforms and noninvasive loop response testing