The MAX16834 evaluation (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB designed to evaluate the MAX16834 pulse-width modulated (PWM) HB LED driver controller in a step-up (boost) configuration and optional step-up/step-down (buck-boost) operation.
The MAX16834 EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 7V to 28V and requires up to 5A. The MAX16834 EV kit circuit is configured to deliver up to 1A of current into series LEDs with a maximum forward voltage of 28V.
The MAX16834 EV kit features two different types of dimming control using either an analog linear input voltage or digital PWM input signal to control the LED brightness. This EV kit has an undervoltage lockout (UVLO) feature that disables the EV kit and overvoltage protection that protects the circuit under no-load conditions. The EV kit also features a active-low FLT PCB pad to monitor for open or short-circuit LED conditions at the LED+ and LED- PCB pads. The MAX16834 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount board.
- 7V to 28V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- Configured for Boost Operation
- Configurable for Buck-Boost Operation
- 1A Output Current
- Analog Linear Dimming Control
- PWM Dimming Control
- Open/Short-Circuit LED Fault Indicator (Active-Low FLT)
- Demonstrates Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Load Dump Circuit
- Fully Assembled and Tested