The purpose of the STEVAL-MKI117V1 demonstration board is to provide an example of the decoding and streaming of digital MEMS microphone outputs.
The STEVAL-MKI117V1 demonstration board hosts the MP34DT01 (bottom-port digital microphone), working as a sensor, and the STM32F107RC microcontroller, working as an audio decoder.
These microphones are analog-to-digital transducers. They are able to sense sound pressure and convert this signal into a digital signal using the PDM technique.
The STM32 microcontroller decodes the PDM signal coming from the microphones and streams the audio via the USB.
The STEVAL-MKI117V1 demonstration board is a sound card automatically recognized by the PC as an audio device. Connection is made through a USB cable which also supplies the board and then streams the collected audio.
- Powered and connected to PC through USB
- Sound card automatically recognized by the PC as an audio device
- The onboard microphones are digital MEMS devices
- MEMS microphones provide a high frequency data stream (1 to 3.25 MHz) of 1-bit digital samples (PDM technique)
- Audio collected from the microphones is sent to the PC through the USB
- LED status indicator
- RoHS compliant