The EVALKIT-VL6180X is an evaluation kit that provides an introduction to the proximity, ranging and light sensing capabilities of the VL6180X sensor, combined with the powerful STM32 F401RE microcontroller.
The STM32 Nucleo board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features. The Arduinoв„ў connectivity support and ST Morpho headers make it easy to expand the functionality of the STM32 Nucleo open development platform with a wide choice of specialized expansion boards.
The VL6180X plug-in features the VL6180X proximity sensor, based on STвЂ™s FlightSenseв„ў, Time-of-Flight technology, and provides very accurate ranging information, as well as ambient light sensing (ALS) information. The range measurements are independent of the target reflectance.
- 1 Nucleo board with STM32 F401RE microcontroller in LQFP64 package
- Flexible board power supply
- USB VBUS or external source (3.3 V, 5 V, 7 - 12 V)
- Power management access point
- 1 VL6180X (proximity, gesture and ambient light sensing module) plug-in.
- Slider switch controlling 2 functions:
- 4-digit display, displaying either the distance of a target from the proximity sensor or the lux value from the ambient light sensing (ALS).
- Excellent ranging accuracy, independent of the reflectance of the target.
- Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector.
- RoHS compliant.
- Full system SW supplied, download from www.st.com/vl6180x in the folder вЂњDesign resources.
- VL6180X satellite board2 can be soldered to the plug-in board through flying wires, in order to integrate the VL6180X in customerвЂ™s application.
- Basic gesture recognition application can be developed using the VL6180X sensor on the plug-in board or a dual sensor application by connecting a VL6180X satellite to the board.