The MAX8971 evaluation system (EV system) consists of the MAX8971 evaluation kit (EV kit) and the Maxim CMAXQUSB or MINIQUSB with extender board command module.
The EV kit demonstrates the IC 1.55A, 1-cell lithium-ion (Li+) DC-DC battery charger with I²C capability. The EV kit charges a single-cell Li+ battery from a DC input (AC adapter) or a USB 100mA/500mA source and provides system power from the DC input, USB input, or battery. Battery-charge current and input-current limits are independently set. Charge current and input-current limit can be set up to 1500mA. USB suspend mode is also supported.
The EV kit comes standard with the MAX8971EWP+ installed. The MINIQUSB interface board can be used to enable PC communication through the USB interface board. Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows 7-compatible software along with an extender board allows an IBM-compatible PC to use to the USB port to emulate an I²C 2-wire interface. This program is menu-driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) with control buttons.
- DC-DC Converter Input-Current Limit
- 100mA to 1500mA Adjustment Range (EV Kit Standard Configuration: 500mA)
- 250mA to 1550mA Battery-Charge Current-Limit Adjustment Range (EV Kit Standard Configuration: 500mA)
- 50mA to 200mA Done Threshold-Adjustment Range
- Battery-Regulation Voltage-Adjustment Range: 4.1V, 4.15V, 4.2V, 4.35V
- Fast-Charge and Top-Off Timer-Adjustment Range
- Efficient 4MHz Switching Li+ Battery Charger
- I²C Serial Interface with IRQB Indicator
- Selectable Charge Sources Connector
- 2.1mm Barrel or Micro-USB
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested