The MAX5216PMB1 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the MAX5216 16-bit DAC to any system that utilizes Pmod™-compatible expansion ports configurable for SPI communication. The IC is a single-channel, low-power, buffered voltage-output DAC. The reference voltage for the DAC is provided by a 2.5V output version of the MAX6029 voltage reference (0.15% initial accuracy, 30ppm/°C). Digital noise is minimized by having SPI input buffers powered down after completion of each serial input frame.
Refer to the MAX5216
IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.
- High-Accuracy 16-Bit DAC with On-Board Precision Voltage Reference
- Low Gain and Offset Errors
- Buffered Voltage Output Directly Drives 10kΩ Loads
- Optional External Voltage Reference (Jumper Selectable)
- 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (SPI)
- Example Software Written in C for Portability
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested