The MAX4824PMB1 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the MAX4824 8-channel relay driver to any system that utilizes Pmod™-compatible expansion ports configurable for GPIO communication. Each independent channel in the IC features a 2.7Ω (typ) on-resistance and is guaranteed to sink 70mA (min) of load current. A zener kickback-protection circuit significantly reduces recovery time in applications where switching speed is critical. When driving relays, a unique power-save mode allows relay current to be reduced to a level just above the relay hold-current threshold. This mode keeps the relay activated while significantly reducing the power consumption.
Refer to the MAX4824
IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.
- Eight Independent Output Channels Capable of 70mA Sink Current
- Guaranteed 5Ω (max) RON
- Drive Eight Relays (or Other Loads) Independently
- 4-Bit Parallel Interface (SPI Version of IC also Available)
- 12-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (GPIO)
- Example Software Written in C for Portability
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested