The DS3231MPMB1 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the DS3231M real-time clock (RTC) to any system that utilizes Pmod™-compatible expansion ports configurable for I²C communication. The IC is a low-cost and extremely accurate I²C RTC. The device incorporates a battery input and maintains accurate timekeeping when main power to the device is interrupted. The integration of the micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) resonator enhances the long-term accuracy of the device and reduces the piece-part count in a manufacturing line. The device is available in the same footprint as the popular DS3231 RTC.
Refer to the DS3231M
IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.
- High Accuracy Time-of-Day and Date (±5ppm) from -40°C to +85°C
- 32.768kHz Square-Wave Output
- Digital Temp Sensor with ±3°C Accuracy
- 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (I²C)
- Example Software Written in C for Portability
- Secondary Header Allows Daisy-Chaining of Additional Modules on the I²C Bus
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested